Mumford & Sons Official Forum
Exclusive Updates Official Site Buy Music Surf Safe
in

ROCKNESS - JUNE 8TH 2012 - SCOTLAND

Last post 06-07-2012 8:26 PM by smallandwise. 51 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (52 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-26-2012 7:22 AM

ROCKNESS - JUNE 8TH 2012 - SCOTLAND

Mumford & Sons' first european date is annouced. They will play Rockness, according to this http://entertainment.stv.tv/music/295023-rockness-2012-line-up-revealed-biffy-clyro-deadmau5-ed-sheeran-and-justice-among-star-names/

The strange thing is that they arent added to the line up on the official website.

EDIT: It is official! Great news!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hopefully some other festivals will follow!

• 01-29-2012 12:47 AM In reply to

• Mafi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-13-2011
    • Posts 4

Re: ROCKNESS - JUNE 8TH 2012 - SCOTLAND

I really hope they aren't playing on the Friday because I can't make that day :(

• 01-30-2012 9:59 AM In reply to

I've got my ticket, and am seriously considering getting the train down to London just to get the Rockness Train back up, lol. Gonna be a long 4 months waiting for this! :))

• 01-30-2012 2:18 PM In reply to

• Glass_Skin
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-25-2011
    • East Coast of the U.S. of A.
    • Posts 53

I am considering going to this, though I am a little frightened. I'd be going alone (I don't know anyone in NY who likes Mumford & Sons enough to go all the way to Scotland with me), and it would be my first time leaving the safety of my own backyard (aka the USA). It would also be my first time at a camping festival.

You went left and I went right
    As the moon hung proud and bright
    You would have loved it here tonight

15 Mumford & Sons gigs and counting!
  • 01-30-2012 4:11 PM In reply to

Glass_Skin:

I am considering going to this, though I am a little frightened. I'd be going alone (I don't know anyone in NY who likes Mumford & Sons enough to go all the way to Scotland with me), and it would be my first time leaving the safety of my own backyard (aka the USA). It would also be my first time at a camping festival.

It's going to be my first time at a camping festival as well! I'm taking my 16 year old son, 18 year old son and his girlfriend; none of whom are Mumford fans (they're young- they dont know any better :p) but I know a lot of locals who are going, who have camped before. I usually work that weekend to let the other girls go but not this time, lol. So yeah, if you feel a bit lost please feel free to message me and I will give you my mobile number and we can meet up there if you want. Any other fans want to meet up there please give us a shout! :p Gonna be awesome! Big Smile

• 01-31-2012 2:52 PM In reply to

Just thown caution to the wind and bought tickets for the Rockness Express!!!!  Have no clue who (if anyone!) I can try and drag along with me as none of my nearest and dearest would dream of travelling the entire length of the country for anything in life.........  but to hell with the practicalities...... am soooooooo ridiculously excited!!!!  Not sure how I'll last from now till June without actually exploding with excitement!!!! WoooHoooo!!!

• 01-31-2012 8:57 PM In reply to

taradoh:

Just thown caution to the wind and bought tickets for the Rockness Express!!!!  Have no clue who (if anyone!) I can try and drag along with me as none of my nearest and dearest would dream of travelling the entire length of the country for anything in life.........  but to hell with the practicalities...... am soooooooo ridiculously excited!!!!  Not sure how I'll last from now till June without actually exploding with excitement!!!! WoooHoooo!!!

I've just booked mine too! LOL. 4 months! 4 months! sheesh. It's going to be Epic! methinks....

And talking of practicalities- I now need to book the train the day before to get me to London seeing as I stay 40 miles south of Inverness. Maybe the kids are right and insanity does run in the family Confused. It's going to be worth it tho! Because we get in on the Thursday night and they dont get in till the friday, I've been volunteered to set up the tents........Surprise

• 02-09-2012 3:53 PM In reply to

Hi there, my husband and I are coming from Telluride, CO! We'd love to hang with you! We are taking the train. I'm sure there will be lots of really nice people to meet. I would be a little nervous to go by myself as well. But just try to network with other M&S Fans!

Take care~Amy

• 02-09-2012 6:23 PM In reply to

ROCKNESS

Hi everyone, thinking about heading over to rockness from ireland just to see m&s not really up for the whole camping experience :) just wondering can anyone confirm if m&s are playing on the friday...and does anybody know when day tickets go on sale and if there is a big demand for them just so we dont miss out?? thanks for your help!! :D keep the earth below your feet!!
  • 02-09-2012 7:51 PM In reply to

FeelTheTideTurning:

Hi there, my husband and I are coming from Telluride, CO! We'd love to hang with you! We are taking the train. I'm sure there will be lots of really nice people to meet. I would be a little nervous to go by myself as well. But just try to network with other M&S Fans!

Take care~Amy

That would be awesome to meet on the train! 

Fiona

• 02-09-2012 9:27 PM In reply to

Let me know if you decide to do it; we can exchange contact info.  We will be in London June 1st and then attending the Bushstock Concert Ben/Communion puts on and then we will be hanging in London until the train departs!
  • 02-09-2012 9:40 PM In reply to

FeelTheTideTurning:
    Let me know if you decide to do it; we can exchange contact info.  We will be in London June 1st and then attending the Bushstock Concert Ben/Communion puts on and then we will be hanging in London until the train departs!

My train is booked, so far I dont know anyone else going. Im travelling down from 40 miles south where Rockness is held, just to get the train up, lol. It was too good to pass up, lol. My sons and girlfriend are meeting me at the site on Friday, and another girl from the forums, Glass-Skin, is meeting us there too. I think the train is going to be fun though! 

My e-mail is fiona.leckie@btinternet.com, if you want to get in touch. :)

Fiona

• 02-09-2012 9:50 PM In reply to

Great! I will email you. So Glass Skin is the gal from NY?! Ok got it! Glass Skin let us know!!
  • 02-09-2012 9:56 PM In reply to

Now I'm excited all over again! lol

• 02-10-2012 12:47 AM In reply to

• Glass_Skin
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-25-2011
    • East Coast of the U.S. of A.
    • Posts 53

Hi, Amy (that's my name too)! Yep, I'm the gal from NY (well, not really from here; I'm from Pennsylvania by way of Colorado and California). Unless some economic miracle occurs between now and the end of March (like airfare between NY and London dropping below $900) I will not be taking the Rockness Express, but flying to Glasgow and taking buses and a train from there. The train sounds like loads of fun, but I am a poor college student and can't afford to spend too much. I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you, though! I'll keep you posted on my travel plans; if you want to email me feel free: snow4leaves@yahoo.com  I'm all kinds of excited about this!

-Amy

You went left and I went right
    As the moon hung proud and bright
    You would have loved it here tonight

15 Mumford & Sons gigs and counting!
Page 1 of 4 (52 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >