Mumford & Sons Official Forum
Exclusive Updates Official Site Buy Music Surf Safe
in

ROCKNESS - JUNE 8TH 2012 - SCOTLAND

Last post 06-07-2012 8:26 PM by smallandwise. 51 replies.
Page 2 of 4 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-12-2012 7:36 AM In reply to

Re: ROCKNESS - JUNE 8TH 2012 - SCOTLAND

Glass_Skin:

Hi, Amy (that's my name too)! Yep, I'm the gal from NY (well, not really from here; I'm from Pennsylvania by way of Colorado and California). Unless some economic miracle occurs between now and the end of March (like airfare between NY and London dropping below $900) I will not be taking the Rockness Express, but flying to Glasgow and taking buses and a train from there. The train sounds like loads of fun, but I am a poor college student and can't afford to spend too much. I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you, though! I'll keep you posted on my travel plans; if you want to email me feel free: snow4leaves@yahoo.com  I'm all kinds of excited about this!

-Amy

This is so cool and so heartwarming to read!!  All of you meeting up, strangers brought together by our wonderful M&S boys who will leave as M&S family.  They same has happened to some of us from the Fans 35 and over thread.  There are 8 of us who have gone from chatting on the forum, to Facebook friends to  exchanging emails to texting to talking via Skype!  It has been an amazing time and we now call ourselves M&S Sisters.  It is truly mind boggling how 4 boys (men) and lively music can result in such wonderful friendships.  I'm so excited to see other fans making the same kind of connections. 

I will be praying for you all as you travel and the rest of us unfortunate souls will be waiting with great anticipation for pictures and stories of your adventures!

Donna

To The Cave!!!!, "Lets go girls"!

• 02-12-2012 7:48 AM In reply to

Re: ROCKNESS

Jonnail, you need to visit this thread: http://forum.mumfordandsons.com/p/10111/64663.aspx#64663  you will find the answers to your Rockness questions there.  Welcome to the forum!

To The Cave!!!!, "Lets go girls"!

• 03-02-2012 7:27 PM In reply to

I just got my tickets in the pre-sale today! I'm only going on the Friday, and apparently Noah and the Whale are playing that day too which I'm really excited about. This will be my first time seeing Mumford after being a fan for 2 years and I cannot wait!
    Let me learn from where I have been
    I keep my eyes to serve, my hands to learn.
  • 03-02-2012 9:14 PM In reply to

hey guys/girls, just joined the forum, got my tickets today cannot wait !! not seen them live before should be great !!!!! anyone wanna meet up at rockness let me know going with my sister!
  • 03-02-2012 9:31 PM In reply to

Yeah! Yes, we should all meet up some how, somewhere on Friday! Maybe there is a beer/wine booth or a general meeting area?
  • 03-02-2012 9:38 PM In reply to

rockin them on youtube right now! would love to meet up with everyone, we can organise a meeting place or use facebook when we get there! where you from feel the tide? im from glasgow , will be getting the train up on the friday morning edit, colorado I see, what a journey to see the boys!!
  • 03-02-2012 10:07 PM In reply to

I am from Telluride, CO! My husband and I are taking the Rockness train up on Thursday! Yes, met Ben last year at Bluegrass and that was pretty much the beginning of my love for Mumford & Sons! My husband has since then humored me and taken me to San Fran to see them and now Scotland! I couldn't make Nashville due to work conflicts! Oh well, maybe next time!
  • 03-02-2012 10:15 PM In reply to

fantastic, Ive loved them for a year and half, was meant to see them in Glasgow in late 2010 but couldnt make it , so excited about going to rockness, though only going to the Friday night.
  • 03-02-2012 10:23 PM In reply to

Oh wow, there are lots of us going now! Glass skin and I are meeting up in London the day before the train leaves, so we can be touristy for 24 hours, lol. My 2 boys, 1 girlfriend, 2 workmates and some neighbours are all meeting at Rockness on the Friday too!

I'm excited......

• 03-02-2012 10:28 PM In reply to

brilliant, just me and my sister going, lets arrange to meet somewhere on the Friday and have a great time, cant wait !!!!
  • 03-02-2012 10:44 PM In reply to

Awesome Gareth! You shoulda went to the Glasgow gig, it was brilliant, lol. I will pm you my mobile number nearer the time and we can all arrange to meet up, whereabouts in Glasgow you from? I'm from there originally. I live just outside Aviemore now, lol. Glass skin is coming over from the states just for this too. I think its absolutely wicked that people are willing to travel so far just to see them!

I will ask friends who have been before where the best place is for us all to meet up. It's going to be weird meeting people that we have only ever spoke to on here, lol. But also pretty damn awesome! :))

• 03-02-2012 10:47 PM In reply to

I am terribly excited! You can friend me on FB. Amy Dodge Tice from Telluride, CO.
  • 03-02-2012 10:57 PM In reply to

Cumbernauld!!
  • 03-02-2012 10:57 PM In reply to

I tried to add you Amy, but it didnt work! lol

• 03-02-2012 11:00 PM In reply to

searched your name but dont think its there?? http://www.facebook.com/search/results.php?q=Amy%20Dodge%20Tice&init=quick&tas=0.48317650239914656 can you not copy a link on here properly??
Page 2 of 4 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >