Mumford & Sons Official Forum
Exclusive Updates Official Site Buy Music Surf Safe
in

Broken Crown

Last post 01-13-2013 6:10 PM by andyjanec. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-11-2012 3:54 PM

• Music4real
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-12-2012
    • Birmingham Alabama, USA
    • Posts 127

Broken Crown

Hey guys! So I'm sure many of you have heard the new song Broken Crown and I was just wondering what you all think its meaning is? I personally think I could be about a boy not wanting to fulfill his position as his fathers heir because his father is a bad ruler, hence the "Broken Crown" and towards the end where the lyrics go: I'll never wear your broken crown I'll take the (does he say robe?) and f**** it all the way. If he says robe then I could really see it being about a heir not wanting to be the heir or the ruler. Any ideas? Or does anyone have the lyrics to this song? I so how can I get them? Thanks!!
    Hear my voice! I came out of the woods by choice!-- It's like, Yes lads!
  • 02-11-2012 6:55 PM In reply to

Re: Broken Crown

As far as I know, the lyrics go like this-

By AntiFiFi at 2012-02-11

Hope you can read my writing, 'cos I'm  too lazy to type it all out again. Stick out tongue

• 02-11-2012 7:19 PM In reply to

• Music4real
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-12-2012
    • Birmingham Alabama, USA
    • Posts 127

Oh gosh! Thanks sooo much! This makes it much easier to interpret the song now! I tried to hear the lyrics but sometimes it's hard to figure out what theyr're saying! Gracias!
    Hear my voice! I came out of the woods by choice!-- It's like, Yes lads!
  • 01-13-2013 6:38 AM In reply to

I think that it may be road... I hear it being sung as I'll take the road... and I'll f*** it all away. According to Song Meanings at least... here's the link

http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/3530822107858850770/

Hope that helps!

Jennifer Mac

Music is a beautiful and creative expression of the soul, and only a few solo artists and/or bands can really pull it off with such chemistry and fervent passion that is exuded by the four gentlemen of Mumford and Sons.
  • 01-13-2013 6:10 PM In reply to

It is road, and if I'm not mistaken this song is about avoiding temptation on the road/tour or not as the case may be)! Read it again with that in mind.
    You may not trust the promises of the change I'll show, but I'll be yours, if you'll be mine?
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)