Mumford & Sons Official Forum
Exclusive Updates Official Site Buy Music Surf Safe
in

Broken Crown

Last post 01-13-2013 6:10 PM by andyjanec. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-11-2012 3:54 PM

• Music4real
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-12-2012
    • Birmingham Alabama, USA
    • Posts 127

Broken Crown

Hey guys! So I'm sure many of you have heard the new song Broken Crown and I was just wondering what you all think its meaning is? I personally think I could be about a boy not wanting to fulfill his position as his fathers heir because his father is a bad ruler, hence the "Broken Crown" and towards the end where the lyrics go: I'll never wear your broken crown I'll take the (does he say robe?) and f**** it all the way. If he says robe then I could really see it being about a heir not wanting to be the heir or the ruler. Any ideas? Or does anyone have the lyrics to this song? I so how can I get them? Thanks!!
    Hear my voice! I came out of the woods by choice!-- It's like, Yes lads!
  • 02-11-2012 6:55 PM In reply to

Re: Broken Crown

As far as I know, the lyrics go like this-

By AntiFiFi at 2012-02-11

Hope you can read my writing, 'cos I'm  too lazy to type it all out again. Stick out tongue

• 02-11-2012 7:19 PM In reply to

• Music4real
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-12-2012
    • Birmingham Alabama, USA
    • Posts 127

Oh gosh! Thanks sooo much! This makes it much easier to interpret the song now! I tried to hear the lyrics but sometimes it's hard to figure out what theyr're saying! Gracias!
    Hear my voice! I came out of the woods by choice!-- It's like, Yes lads!
  • 01-13-2013 6:38 AM In reply to

I think that it may be road... I hear it being sung as I'll take the road... and I'll f*** it all away. According to Song Meanings at least... here's the link

http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/3530822107858850770/

Hope that helps!

Jennifer Mac

Music is a beautiful and creative expression of the soul, and only a few solo artists and/or bands can really pull it off with such chemistry and fervent passion that is exuded by the four gentlemen of Mumford and Sons.
  • 01-13-2013 6:10 PM In reply to

It is road, and if I'm not mistaken this song is about avoiding temptation on the road/tour or not as the case may be)! Read it again with that in mind.
    Mumford Veteran. Patiently waiting.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)