Mumford & Sons Official Forum
Exclusive Updates Official Site Buy Music Surf Safe
in

Wedding Dance Song?

Last post 06-25-2013 5:41 PM by laurajoy. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-25-2012 6:50 PM

• erinnmike
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-25-2012
    • Wisconsin
    • Posts 1

Wedding Dance Song?

Hi! I'm getting married in September and my fiance and I are looking for a unique wedding song for our first dance. We both love Mumford & Sons. Would one of their songs work for a wedding? I was thinking Awake My Soul or Sigh No More but not sure about the true meaning of the songs.

• 05-25-2012 8:44 PM In reply to

Re: Wedding Dance Song?

I just want to say congatulations! anyways i think Awake My Soul would be a perfect song for your wedding. If you listen to both songs, you will know what the songs mean to you. Mumford and Sons also did a sound project called "The Wedding band" and one song that i love is "thumper" but it is up to you guys.I shoudnt be the one to pick.its your Wedding.
  • 05-29-2012 3:03 AM In reply to

I don't think it necessarily matters so much what the song is about. If you like the song and it fits with what you'd like as a wedding song, then go for it. As mentioned above, The Wedding Band has some good songs that you might consider. " I Take Your Hand" is sort of weddingy. It's a more up beat song though, so if you want something slow, it wouldn't suit your needs. Perhaps "Home"?

Whatever you decide, I think it's awesome you are choosing M&S. And congrats!

give me hope in silence
    it's easier, it's kinder
    tell me not of heartbreak
    it plagues my soul, it plagues my soul
    and bury me beside you
    I have no hope in solitude
  • 10-05-2012 6:42 PM In reply to

I'm surprised to read this!

I guess my question would be the exact same!! I was trying to find a good Mumford and Sons song to play as our first dance.

With the new album out, I thought maybe Ghost That We Knew might be nice...but i'm not sure if it sounds more dark than happy.

My fiance' was NEVER into this type of music, and when we took our first road trip together I put it on and he looked at me funny and said "you like this? what's with the banjo??" Then we listened to the rest of the Sigh No More album and by the end of it he said "oh...this isn't too bad"

A year and a half later HE has the Sigh No More album and had Babel pre-ordered. We listened to the entire album together for the first time on our way up to the cottage. That same weekend he proposed to me at sunset and when we went back into the car, I had Mumford playing in the background Smile

It just seems perfect to have them playing as our first song.  

• 10-08-2012 4:32 AM In reply to

• Music4real
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-12-2012
    • Birmingham Alabama, USA
    • Posts 127

The Wedding Band EP could always work.... But if I was getting married I would want well, every song to be played.... but Sigh No More could be good... or maybe Awake My Soul! Congrats though!!
    Hear my voice! I came out of the woods by choice!-- It's like, Yes lads!
  • 11-14-2012 8:28 AM In reply to

Hi there! I know I'm very late in seeing&replying to this, so congratulations now I assume!! (: I just wanted to ask which song you ended up choosing??? I am in love with their song Hopeless Wanderer. I wish it was a bit slower, but I think that will be my wedding song, it very much reminds me of myself and the relationship my boyfriend and I have. Again, cheers to you and yours, love!
  • 11-14-2012 6:14 PM In reply to

Congrats to erinnmike! I would also say that Sign No More is beautiful for a wedding, but I also agree that it depends on how the song makes you and your fiance feel! It's YOUR wedding, so it could be whatever song you want! Could someone fill me in a little more about this Wedding Band EP? What year was this, and what was it all about? I'm interested! Someone fill me in please! :)
  • 12-01-2012 10:42 PM In reply to

My fiance and I recently decided that Ghosts that we Knew would be a great choice for our wedding song.
  • 12-02-2012 5:52 AM In reply to

I like Feel the Tide. "It's you & I now, we can be alright, just hold on to what we know is true..."

Although, it is fast, & I don't know if you are looking for a slow song or not.

Robin Crolly

“ Dreams are illustrations... from the book your soul is writing about you“.

• 06-25-2013 5:41 PM In reply to

My Fiance and I plan to use "Ghosts That We Knew" as our first dance, we both feel that the lyrics are about leaving behind the past and embarking on this new chapter.  We'll be using a live version though.

He actually picked it out before he even proposed and would listen to it on his way home every day leading up to our proposal.  He also was NOT into this style of music when we started dating and is a total convert, we've seen them twice now and are hoping to get selected for the lottery in a couple of weeks.

Happy Wedding! 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)