Mumford & Sons Official Forum
Exclusive Updates Official Site Buy Music Surf Safe
in

Dixon, IL Stopover - post all your Dixon news here:

Last post 10-31-2012 4:04 AM by erncub. 570 replies.
Page 29 of 39 (571 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-14-2012 7:37 PM In reply to

• erind
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-01-2011
    • Illinois/Iowa
    • Posts 187

Re: Dixon, IL Stopover

Yup!  A friend just bought my extra festival ticket and he's staying for Reggie Watts after the main event is over.  I just hope the shows get done at around the same time so he's not waiting around for me and I'm not waiting around for him for too long, lol.  And yes, the Jerry Douglas venue is showing BEE the night before.  The email I got said that tickets for after-shows should be picked up at the "Page Park box office" (whatever that means), but it can't hurt to check the theater on Friday night.  I asked the Dixon Main Street Facebook page if they knew when we'd be able to pick up after-show tix, so I'll let y'all know if they reply to me!
    "I'll know my name as it's called again."
  • 08-14-2012 7:48 PM In reply to

Re: Dixon, IL Stopover

Is there a schedule for who is playing at what times on Saturday?
  • 08-14-2012 8:18 PM In reply to

Re: Dixon, IL Stopover - post all your Dixon news here:

Hey anyone who reads this! This is my first ever M&S concert (Pretty much one of my first concerts all together) and I'm seriously am the most excited I think I have been in my whole life! Anyways I had a question if anyone wanted to answer it that would be fantastic! So we are let into Page Park at 1pm (at least that's what it said on the email) and I'm guessing people are going to line up outside the entrance to get a good spot inside the park. I booked a hotel a half an hour or so away from Dixon and I was wondering what time I should head in to get in line to go into the park? I know I should probably go early, but I have no clue how early. I mean I don't really know how these things work yet so sorry if this is a stupid question. If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts on what they are going to do that would be awesome to hear! Thanks
  • 08-14-2012 9:08 PM In reply to

I was just down at page park. The guys setting up and the people running it were VERY kind. A few stood and talked to me, talked about the vendor tents, I got to take photos of the B Stage that is up as well as many tents. They are expecting me back tomorrow evening to get shots of the completed mumford stage. Such kind people! I believe the sons are already in town, and although I know where. I am not going to say, because I don't want people stalking them LOL. I will try to make the photos of down there public on my facebook, and share them here.
  • 08-14-2012 9:22 PM In reply to

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3610626781111.2133392.1136994766&type=1 Here is the link to the album. I made it public. If you have trouble viewing please let me know.
  • 08-14-2012 9:23 PM In reply to

How cool that you were able to get some early pictures. They play a show in Columbus OH tonight so the likelyhood that they are already in town is slim to none, but I would bet they will be heading there soon. Can't wait!
  • 08-14-2012 9:28 PM In reply to

Yes that would be correct. I misspoke, sorry about that. I should say I know where they will be staying when they are here.
  • 08-14-2012 9:42 PM In reply to

I copied and pasted twice and got a msg the link was not available. Anyway, post pics in here if you can! I'm a Portland Stopover vet and I love to see the other venues!
    Keep the earth below my feet.....
  • 08-14-2012 9:54 PM In reply to

I went to the Portland Stopover and I don't know how different the Dixon venue will be. I'm guessing.. VERY. Portland had a park dedicated to the event, whereas the other stopovers look to be taking over entire downtowns. I don't know how they do it! We got in line at 11:50 for Noon gates, and they began scanning passports around 12:10. There were... hmm...maybe fifty/sixty people in front of us in line, and there were about twelve lines heading in. I'd say, if you want to spend nine hours in front of the stage you'd have a good chance going by my experience. We didn't run to get a space like some in front of us (I'm in the 35-and-over category) but parked ourselves on a blanket with great views of both stages since our venue was on a hill. But just HAVE FUN! The boys want you to partake of the local food and drink and music, though we all know why we're there.......MUMFORD & SONS!!
    Keep the earth below my feet.....
  • 08-14-2012 10:12 PM In reply to

I was at the Galway stopover, which was also a park event like Portland, we had a no re-entry policy and all the food and drinks etc was contained in Salthill Park - we started to queue about 2.30pm for a 3pm entrance, and like Mazznorton's experience, there was a few orderly lines (prob about 200 ahead of us) once they started scanning tickets. Those that wanted the barrier headed for it - and I know one girl queued from very early, lke 7am, because that's where she wanted to be. Most people didn't take a position for mumford and sons until the second last act before they were due on, and were just sunbathing, eating and drinking or looking at the merchandise - everyone is different, so yeah, just enjoy the day and the experience, it is like no other :-)!
    To the Cave - let's go girls!

• 08-14-2012 10:24 PM In reply to

some_text" Testing 1,2 LOL I don't know code, so I hope this half assed attempt works!
  • 08-14-2012 10:38 PM In reply to

• erind
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-01-2011
    • Illinois/Iowa
    • Posts 187

Thanks for sharing your experiences, mazznorton and Cromie!  The Dixon show is happening in a park, too, and I think the vendors are going to be set up on the grounds of the high school right next to the park (at least that's what samanthad8883's pictures made it look like...thanks for sharing, by the way, Samantha!).  Your comments make me feel a bit better about not grabbing a spot at the barrier right when the gates open.  I might still go for it, but chances are I'll want to walk around and go to the other stage, check out merchandise, etc, throughout the day.  As long as I can get somewhat close to the stage for the Sons, that's all I really care about :D
    "I'll know my name as it's called again."
  • 08-14-2012 10:57 PM In reply to

So we know no chairs allowed, how about backpacks or blankets?
  • 08-14-2012 11:03 PM In reply to

Coming in from Peoria,IL and camping in Reynoldswoods. Very happy the town is getting involved in the festie and cant wait to see what Dixon has to offer. Dont think we will get to any late nites, but gonna stroll around any how in town anyways. Looking forward to seeing Dawes alot, Got the newest cd awhile back, good good stuff, if ya like Jackson Brown, you will like Dawes, at least thats what it reminds me of. Saw Gogol Bordello at summercamp, Not to miss people....just a good uplifting show with lots of energy...what can I say but...START WEARING PURPLE...START WEARING PURPLE FOR ME NOW.....And of most of all is Mumford and sons, As soon as i heard theses guys I knew I had to catch em live, and only 2 hours from our house, We have a few concerns like everyone else on here it seems but were just gonna roll with whatever comes. Good times just a few days away.............
    Darkness is a harsh term, dont you think....
  • 08-14-2012 11:08 PM In reply to

There are two bridges crossing the Rock River at Dixon ; the Peoria avenue bridge and the Galena Avenue bridge. I believe I'm correct in saying that they are closing the Peoria Avenue Bridge and using it for venders and for pedestrian traffic from the Page Park stage area to downtown. I believe several hundred people are coming to Dixon who don't have tickets. There will still be great things for you to do: the having a show at the Historic Dixon Theatet for the Performing Arts. A big event at the Post House ball room (near the Dixon arch), a new national exhibit at the Next Picture Show art gallery called ( Art Gone Wild). Also, for 5 dollars you can enter the downtown where a lot of live music will be performing and the pubs and Restaurants are all planning special events! I know there is going to be live music at the river front , at Books On First, At Spurgeons Bay, at The next Picture Show, and The Crystal Cork, and First Street Pub. I'm sure there are other venue's that are having live music , I just haven't been told about it. I think the luckiest visitors are those that are able to arrive Thursday evening as that will give you time to plan everything and because the M & S party is actually beginning Friday afternoon downtown!
Page 29 of 39 (571 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last »