Mumford & Sons Official Forum
Exclusive Updates Official Site Buy Music Surf Safe
in

Stopover Tour - After Party

Last post 08-07-2012 1:49 AM by erind. 18 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-04-2012 2:59 PM In reply to

• pandora55
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-09-2012
    • Wyoming, Michigan
    • Posts 281

Re: Stopover Tour - After Party

Great story!! And yes, I would have been on that boat! I hope that I should be so lucky when I am in Dixon, since it is a stopover and there is going to be a lot of stuff happening after the show. I would love to be able to be around all the musicians, but to meet the boys, now that would be the just the best thing ever!! I am going to do my best to meet them and have a story to tell and pictures to post.
    Where are you now, where are you now? Do you ever think of me, in the quiet, in the crowd?
  • 08-06-2012 3:21 PM In reply to

Rubygurl, you rock!! I love how you got those passes! Very creative and persistent...I like that. I have taken notes on your technique and hope it will serve me well in Dixon - a different environment, but I am sure it will help us :-) *Note to self* Remember to befriend the cleaning people
    I know my call, despite my faults and despite my growing fears.

To the Cave!!!!
    Let's go girls!
  • 08-07-2012 1:12 AM In reply to

Ben and Ted, at least, like to roam around and check out the bands. They go relatively unnoticed until someone goes all conspicuous when recognizing them! My kids met Ben at the "B" stage sound booth where he was sitting, taking in Haim and got his autograph on their passports. Scope out where the supplies are brought in-and-out (ice and such) -- this is usually where folks drift in and out of "backstage".
    Keep the earth below my feet.....
  • 08-07-2012 1:49 AM In reply to

• erind
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-01-2011
    • Illinois/Iowa
    • Posts 187

mazznorton:
    Ben and Ted, at least, like to roam around and check out the bands. They go relatively unnoticed until someone goes all conspicuous when recognizing them! My kids met Ben at the "B" stage sound booth where he was sitting, taking in Haim and got his autograph on their passports. Scope out where the supplies are brought in-and-out (ice and such) -- this is usually where folks drift in and out of "backstage".

Noted.  I'll be sure to remember that when I see them in Dixon ;-)  I think I read an article in Rolling Stone about the Portland stopover and the person writing the article said something about Ted chatting with fans at the festival.  Fingers crossed that luck is on my side!

Also, fantastic story, rubygurl.  I'm envious!

"I'll know my name as it's called again."
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2