Mumford & Sons Official Forum
Exclusive Updates Official Site Buy Music Surf Safe
in

2014 Stopover Suggestions

Last post 02-12-2014 2:34 AM by Michelle Mantesso. 22 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-12-2013 3:57

• Burt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-12-2013
    • Posts 1

2014 Stopover Suggestions

Cape Breton Island is one of the world's best islands.  Mumford and Sons should add it to their 2014 Stopover list.  They will be blown away by the hospitality of its people and its landscape.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Breton_Island.  Come to the East Coast.  You will have the time of your lives!  Every Cape Bretoner wants to go down home for the summer.  Come with us!!

"National Geographic Traveler's Best Trips of 2013!

Cape Breton Island has been chosen as one of the Best Trips for 2013 by National Geographic Traveler magazine. Come explore, meander and wander the island of Cape Breton.

Cape Breton is an experience unlike any other. Home to the world-famous Cabot Trail, often considered one of the best driving destinations in the world. A boundless playground for those who are looking for incredible outdoor adventures. Lodging that will have you watching the sun rising over the waters.

Get ready for a celebration three centuries in the making! Join us in 2013 for Louisbourg300, a grand fete marking the 300th anniversary of the founding of Isle Royale - modern day Cape Breton Island - with Louisbourg as its capital.

This is Cape Breton Island. This is Nova Scotia‚Äôs Masterpiece." 

Best,

Burt

• 02-12-2013 10:33 In reply to

Re: 2014 Stopover Suggestions

I do think it is a little early, but I will say..... NEWPORT, RHODE ISALND, USA at FORT ADAMS STATE PARK. GREAT stopover location. It would sell out INSTANTLY. Plus...RI has some great local bands that could play, besides the usually line up. SO, in conclusion, yes, A Gentlemen Of The Road Stopover in Newport, Rhode Island would be the best thing ever. Please, Mumford and sons, please! Or come to The Dunkin Donuts Center this year in Providence, Rhode Island! Cheers, Dante
  • 02-16-2013 3:14 AM In reply to

blacksburg Virginia. Nestled in the new river valley, and surrounded by beautiful mountains. There are two local universities (Virginia tech, and radford university) so the show would easily sell out. And plenty of outdoor or indoor venues to host it. Or Kure beach north carolina where they have a beautiful park at the end of the island to host such events. And a lovely campground right beside of it. Who wouldn't love to see them with the sunset behind them? With the Atlantic ocean on one side and the cape fear river on the other. I would love to be the first in line to buy those tickets!!! Love the mumford Jamie
  • 04-10-2013 6:39 AM In reply to

2014 Stopover Location Suggestions

This is awesome!  What a brilliant idea!  maybe someone out there has a connection to the band that none of us are aware of and can show them all of these.  Keep them coming people! 

To The Cave!!!!, "Lets go girls"!

• 04-23-2013 3:24 AM In reply to

Re: 2014 Stopover Location Suggestions

Def Providence RI would be perfect!!!
    Its a porthole- not a portal. "Tame the ghosts in my head- that run wild and wish me dead."
  • 05-05-2013 3:50 In reply to

• pandora55
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-09-2012
    • Wyoming, Michigan
    • Posts 280

I would love to see them come to Michigan. There are so many beautiful places for them to play! Especially along Lake Michigan!

Where are you now, where are you now? Do you ever think of me, in the quiet, in the crowd?
  • 05-06-2013 7:33 In reply to

Minnesota!!!  The whole state is awesome!!  And we are so desperately missing M & S....
    I know my call, despite my faults and despite my growing fears.

To the Cave!!!!
    Let's go girls!
  • 05-11-2013 7:07 AM In reply to

Mumford & Sons definitely need to stop in Manitoba, Canada! For a stopover, or regular show in Winnipeg (an intimate one, preferably Stick out tongue), whatever. I can't say things like Winnipeg or Manitoba in general has beautiful majestic mountains and ocean views or anything like that, lol, because it's the Prairies. But I can say we have gorgeous summers, beautiful sunrises/sunsets, very friendly people and an extreme love for all types of music (i.e. the world-renowned Winnipeg Folk Festival!) Mumford would have a blast here!

Come on guys, show Manitoba some love! PLEASE! Big Smile

• 07-01-2013 5:50 In reply to

I just tweeted @gotrstopover about the Newport, RI stopover location. I hope I can bring this festival to the waterfront of Newport next august!
  • 07-03-2013 1:45 AM In reply to

Halifax, NS would also be a great stopover! The music of Mumford & Sons is perfect for the city. The band is loved by everyone here! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halifax_Regional_Municipality
    Filed under: , , , ,
  • 07-07-2013 7:00 In reply to

Traverse City Michigan. It has the most breathtaking open space on the bay with an eclectice, delicious foodie downtown. I can't think of a more perfect place in the summer !!!!!
    "Love; it will not betray you
    Dismay or enslave you, it will set you free
    Be more like the (wo)man you were made to be"
  • 07-08-2013 4:46 In reply to

• pandora55
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-09-2012
    • Wyoming, Michigan
    • Posts 280

Oh, I second this one hundred percent!! Traverse City would be a great place to have a Stop Over!! They need to come to Michigan!

Where are you now, where are you now? Do you ever think of me, in the quiet, in the crowd?
  • 07-09-2013 2:38 AM In reply to

I totally agree about traverse city--it's a beautiful place! 

• 07-24-2013 9:15 In reply to

I would love to see one somewhere in the Scottish highlands, all of the towns there are brimming with friendliness, surrounded by gorgeous views and are unheard of to most people!
    Let me learn from where I have been
    I keep my eyes to serve, my hands to learn.
  • 07-30-2013 9:38 In reply to

smallandwise:
    I would love to see one somewhere in the Scottish highlands, all of the towns there are brimming with friendliness, surrounded by gorgeous views and are unheard of to most people!

I reckon your wish could well be granted...... Would be the right time to do a Scottish Stopover.  

LA Baby
Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >