Mumford & Sons Official Forum
Exclusive Updates Official Site Buy Music Surf Safe
in

Winston Marshall's banjo

Last post 11-25-2013 9:31 PM by Sean Gabriel Smith. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-21-2009 2:23 AM

Winston Marshall's banjo

What sort of banjo does Winston Marshall play? I'm a flat-picker and mandolin player, but "Little Lion Man" is inspiring me to dabble, almost as much as Barney McKenna's tenor banjo does...

"resistance is futile" <g>

• 01-06-2010 9:53 PM In reply to

• markwt
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-06-2010
    • Posts 2

Re: Winston Marshall's banjo

I'd like to know as well.

I'm a guitar player first and foremost but I'd really like to learn the Banjo.

• 01-13-2010 10:48 PM In reply to

He uses a "Gold Tone EBM" electric banjo, with an "F-style" body. Hope that helps. I was looking for it myself, and zoomed in on the head of it on one of thier larger gig pictures. Was still a nightmare to track down though. Theyre roughly £500 - £700 :]

This site has one that comes with a free hardcase, care manual, and self-teaching book. Its the best Ive found, deal wise, so far: http://banjoteacher.com/GoldToneBanjos/indexElectricBanjo.htm

Like I said, hope it helps :]

• 01-09-2011 1:41 PM In reply to

Do any of u guys know any of the banjo tabs for any of their songs at all??

Please help!!!!

• 01-09-2011 8:00 PM In reply to

folkmeara:

Do any of u guys know any of the banjo tabs for any of their songs at all??

Please help!!!!

You can find them on banjohangout. Actually, I've only found Little Lion Man on it. I'm thinking about trying to tab out The Banjolin Song, hopefully I'll be successful, but I'm new to banjo. Hope that helps!
    keep smearing my heart all over my sleeve, then someone comes and wipes it off, and takes it from me.
  • 11-25-2013 9:31 PM In reply to

I know this was quite a while ago, and you've prob found him, but lookup "Happy Banjo Dude", dude. He's tabbed every song off of Sigh No More, an most off of Babel .
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)