Mumford & Sons Official Forum
Exclusive Updates Official Site Buy Music Surf Safe
in

Press cuttings, web news about M&S in here:

Last post 05-22-2014 8:01 PM by charlotteh. 234 replies.
Page 11 of 16 (235 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-16-2012 6:55 PM In reply to

Re: Press cuttings, web news about M&S in here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/open-weekend/mumford-and-sons-interviewed-by-laura-barton

The Guardian newspaper are holding an Open Weekend on the 24th - 25th March in London, and Marcus is being interviewed....   

Marcus Mumford, Mumford & Sons interviewed by Laura Barton

Saturday 9.15pm: Kings Place hall one

Marcus Mumford, Mumford & Sons

Laura Barton, feature writer

Event

Marcus Mumford from the British folk rock band discusses with the Guardian's Laura Barton his passion for community, and how it will weave into their plans for 2012.

LA Baby
  • 02-16-2012 10:15 PM In reply to

YEAAAAAAAAAAH!! Just about 4 - 6 months to go then - I'm guessing July??
    To the Cave - let's go girls!

• 02-27-2012 5:49 AM In reply to

Ok...somebody help me.  I"m trying to find the interview with Laura Barton (burton) I clicked on the link but i'm not finding any audio or printed interview.   What am I doing wrong??? 

To The Cave!!!!, "Lets go girls"!

• 03-11-2012 1:37 AM In reply to

Just read this

http://blog.beliefnet.com/fellowshipofsaintsandsinners/2012/03/disorganized-religion.html

Again with the " one persons opinion differing from another", on the same subject.

:)

• 03-14-2012 1:27 PM In reply to

Our boys at the White House!

Just heard an announcement on Radio 1 here in the UK, that Mumford and Sons are playing for the Obama's and The Cameron's at the White House tonight! Wow!
    You may not trust the promises of the change I'll show, but I'll be yours, if you'll be mine?
  • 03-15-2012 9:55 PM In reply to

It hasn't happened yet hon, end of March it says......
    You may not trust the promises of the change I'll show, but I'll be yours, if you'll be mine?
  • 03-15-2012 11:33 PM In reply to

• Dawna
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-22-2012
    • Posts 28

They played last night in Washington DC at the State Dinner

"British band Mumford & Sons entertain guests including George Clooney and Richard Branson at a White House state dinner in honour of Prime Minister David Cameron."

http://youtu.be/s33UjFWU9j4

Dawna :- }
  • 03-17-2012 11:25 AM In reply to

• pandora55
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-09-2012
    • Wyoming, Michigan
    • Posts 280

Would loved to have seen more of what they did for the President & what he thought of them! But it was strange to see them dressed up in formal attire! But they looked great! Thanks for the post.
    Where are you now, where are you now? Do you ever think of me, in the quiet, in the crowd?
  • 03-29-2012 4:17 PM In reply to

They're in the newest edition of NME - snippet is available here.

Looks like a good article - talking about the White House gig and sadly Marcus is once again saying maybe no album this year ...  

• 03-30-2012 8:31 AM In reply to

Heads up to the Canadian fans. Much More Music has a new show called In Sixty and this week the guest is Mumford & Sons. It aired on March 29th but it will be replayed a few more times in the next couple of days, and is also available on their website at www.muchmore.ca

Not sure if anyone outside of Canada has access to this channel or can watch the show online, but for those who can, enjoy. It was a great interview. Hopefully it will end up on youtube for those who can't access it from where they live.

give me hope in silence
    it's easier, it's kinder
    tell me not of heartbreak
    it plagues my soul, it plagues my soul
    and bury me beside you
    I have no hope in solitude
  • 03-30-2012 6:36 PM In reply to

tripoli:

Heads up to the Canadian fans. Much More Music has a new show called In Sixty and this week the guest is Mumford & Sons. It aired on March 29th but it will be replayed a few more times in the next couple of days, and is also available on their website at www.muchmore.ca

Not sure if anyone outside of Canada has access to this channel or can watch the show online, but for those who can, enjoy. It was a great interview. Hopefully it will end up on youtube for those who can't access it from where they live.

It's up on the  Much Music website and is a MUST WATCH!  Set aside an hour and watch easily the most in-depth, serious interview these guys have ever done.  Very interesting, very enlightening...

• 03-30-2012 6:55 PM In reply to

An addendum to the post above - I was listening more than watching the interview and just now noticed that they spelled Marcus with a K!  Markus ... really?  I believe that's the way Markus Dravs (the producer of Sigh No More) spells his name.  Serious Fail ...

Oh - and while Ben and MarCus are serious ... Ted and Winston are much less so and are just hysterical together, but they do get the most serious I've ever seen for them.

• 03-30-2012 7:32 PM In reply to

jensobo:

An addendum to the post above - I was listening more than watching the interview and just now noticed that they spelled Marcus with a K!  Markus ... really?  I believe that's the way Markus Dravs (the producer of Sigh No More) spells his name.  Serious Fail ...

Oh - and while Ben and MarCus are serious ... Ted and Winston are much less so and are just hysterical together, but they do get the most serious I've ever seen for them.

Two thumbs up to you for the link Jen! I tried to get it earlier but thought it was because I couldn't view in the UK - Now I can :-))))! x
    To the Cave - let's go girls!

• 04-02-2012 8:24 AM In reply to

So glad that jensobo was able to post the link. My computer was being temperamental and wouldn't let me post it properly. Hope everyone had a chance to watch and enjoy.

And behalf of my fellow Canadians, I apologize for the misspelling of Marcus. I cringed every time it popped up on screen.

give me hope in silence
    it's easier, it's kinder
    tell me not of heartbreak
    it plagues my soul, it plagues my soul
    and bury me beside you
    I have no hope in solitude
  • 04-03-2012 12:08 PM In reply to

I really want to know what happened on the Brooklyn Bridge!!!! x

Page 11 of 16 (235 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next > ... Last »