Mumford & Sons Official Forum
Exclusive Updates Official Site Buy Music Surf Safe
in

Winston Marshall

Last post 10-08-2013 4:59 AM by dharr0917. 168 replies.
Page 1 of 12 (169 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-06-2010 5:55 AM In reply to

Winston Marshall vs Marshall Winston

Which is it?  Anybody know?  Because I've seen it both ways in many different places.

I'd always assumed Winston was his surname, as on their MySpace and the album itself, the band members are listed "Ted Dwane, Ben Lovett, Marcus Mumford, Country Winston" suggesting it's a surname.  If consistency means anything... :]

• 07-06-2010 2:07 PM In reply to

Re: Winston Marshall vs Marshall Winston

I've heard in one interview that he has changed his names from Winston Marshall to Country Winston.

• 07-07-2010 9:03 AM In reply to

When I met him, he introduced himself like this: "Hi, I'm Winston. " :)
    Elisabeth x
  • 07-07-2010 5:09 PM In reply to

• 07-07-2010 5:38 PM In reply to

I'm pretty sure Winston is his first name

Get over your hill and see what you find there,
    With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.
  • 07-07-2010 5:56 PM In reply to

Well yes, I know he goes by Winston/Winnie, but it could still be a surname? People have gone by their surnames before.

I've seen it "Country Winston" or "Winston Marshall" or "Marshall Winston" in different places, and that is what confuses me. :P

What paulin_ said might explain.

• 10-12-2010 12:26 AM In reply to

• lewismk3
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-11-2010
    • Milton Keynes
    • Posts 1

Dear Winston, If you by any chance read this post...

could you PLEASE post some banjo tablature on the site somewhere for a few of your songs. I would love to be able to use one of your songs for my A Level Music Tech course for one of the assignments we have to do, i haven't been playing banjo very long but I'm very keen to learn to play at a better level and want some great songs to play. I've been searching all over the internet trying to find some decent banjo tablature but can't seem to find any anywhere, and I know many other people have also been looking for some too. If anybody manages to stumble across the banjo tabs for: Sigh No More, Roll Away Your Stone, The Cave or Winter Winds, could you please post me them. cheers
  • 02-18-2011 4:06 AM

Winston Marshall

I am starting a thread for each of the boys so we can talk more about them as individuals. As much as I love them when they are together (case in point this interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeDH4OXgCig) Sometimes they need their individual loving. So post your comments, facts, points-of-view in this thread about Winston

Filed under:
  • 02-18-2011 9:01 PM In reply to

Re: Winston Marshall

He's so silly yet so beutifully talented. I think he is most handsome when his beard isn't quite so furry, but a beard is becoming on him for sure. My favorite video is the one where he takes over the drums for a moment and he's so cute and his smile is simply adorable. I love watching him play the dobro. Very cool gent indeed.

• 02-19-2011 8:21 PM In reply to

• jess0511
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-17-2010
    • Bradenton, FL
    • Posts 79

Winston is what I consider to be a quiet thunder kind of person. He's there, you know he's there, but it's not until he does one of his little bursts that he truly makes his presence known. He reminds me of the kid who stands perfectly still while getting their picture taken, but does some crazy stunt just as the flash goes off. Such a whimsy about him.

And yes, he has a fantastic smile. One of those which force you to smile along.

To Do List: Be happy
  • 02-19-2011 8:32 PM In reply to

Oh I agree, he has a gorgeous smile! And a very talented man, as are all of the Sons'.

• 02-27-2011 1:06 AM In reply to

_
    But you and I now
    We can be alright
    Just hold on to what we know is true
    You and I now
    Though it's cold inside
    Feel the tide turning
  • 02-27-2011 4:18 AM In reply to

Winston...

single-handedly bringing back the jean shirt

Paige
  • 02-28-2011 9:47 PM In reply to

Winston is hilarious and he plays banjo like no other. Has anyone else listened to his voice in "Sister"?  It sounds absolutely wonderful.
    I was told by Jesus all was well
    So all must be well
  • 02-28-2011 10:30 PM In reply to

Lucky_11:
    Winston is hilarious and he plays banjo like no other. Has anyone else listened to his voice in "Sister"?  It sounds absolutely wonderful.
    Yes! I wasn't sure anyone else would mention it! He's got a great voice, should sing more!
Page 1 of 12 (169 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »