Mumford & Sons Official Forum
Exclusive Updates Official Site Buy Music Surf Safe
in

The Office

Last post 08-18-2011 3:28 by ShakyEye. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-14-2011 4:16 AM

• ShakyEye
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2011
    • Pennsylvania, USA
    • Posts 56

The Office

Seeing how we have so many ppl here from the US and the UK, I was wondering how many fans of The Office we have. I can't say that I watch the UK version, but I'm a huge fan of the US version. I would have to say my favorite character is Dwight. I crack up every time I see the scene where Jim pretends to be Dwight, priceless.
    ‎"Size isn't so much a part of the dream. I think length of time doing it, we'd like to be doing this for a long time. Any small steps we can take in that direction would be great. Just stay true to what we're doing. " -Ben
  • 08-16-2011 3:24 In reply to

Re: The Office

Both versions are brilliant in their own ways.  The UK version is so subtle with its storylines, yet features the outrageous Ricky Gervais.  I've watched the US version since the first season and while season 2 was definitely my favorite, I still love every second of it.  In recent years, my favorite character has switched from Jim to Andy.  Then again, I think John Krasinski and Ed Helms are flawless human beings so I might be biased.  :)

I'm still very sad about Steve Carell leaving though.  I honestly don't think the show is going to last beyond next season, but that's just my opinion.

"And now this land means less and less to me without you breathing through its trees..."
  • 08-16-2011 4:24 In reply to

I have never seen the US version but LOVE The Office in UK- sooo funny every time :-)
    To the Cave - let's go girls!

• 08-17-2011 12:26 AM In reply to

• ShakyEye
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2011
    • Pennsylvania, USA
    • Posts 56

I am not sure how it's going to work with out Michael Scott, but we will see. The few episodes with WIll Farrell were hilarious though. Has anyone else noticed that the guy playing trumpet for M&S at the Reading show looks just like Andy Bernard (Ed Helms)?

‎"Size isn't so much a part of the dream. I think length of time doing it, we'd like to be doing this for a long time. Any small steps we can take in that direction would be great. Just stay true to what we're doing. " -Ben
  • 08-17-2011 3:23 AM In reply to

• bcfcpker
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • Lancashire, England
    • Posts 80

I've seen all of the UK office and most of the US version.. In my opinion the UK original is great and Ricky's camera glances can't be imitated. But I just love the US version's Dwight Shrute.. he cracks me up so much!

Great post :)

So crawl on my belly 'til the sun goes down
    I'll never wear your broken crown
    I took the road and I fucked it all away
    Now in this twilight how dare you speak of grace (8) ♥♥
  • 08-17-2011 5:31 In reply to

• ShakyEye
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2011
    • Pennsylvania, USA
    • Posts 56

Did you see the one when Jim dresses up like Dwight? Classic.

• 08-17-2011 11:41 In reply to

• bcfcpker
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2011
    • Lancashire, England
    • Posts 80

ShakyEye:

Did you see the one when Jim dresses up like Dwight? Classic.

Hhahaha! - Bears, beets.. battlestar galactica! :L Quality stuff.. what about when Jim covers his all desk and belongings in christmas paper.. he put his case down and collapses hahaha!!
    So crawl on my belly 'til the sun goes down
    I'll never wear your broken crown
    I took the road and I fucked it all away
    Now in this twilight how dare you speak of grace (8) ♥♥
  • 08-18-2011 3:28 In reply to

• ShakyEye
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-05-2011
    • Pennsylvania, USA
    • Posts 56

I could go on forever..... speaking of Dwights desk I love it when Jim puts it in the mens bathroom.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)